4 basic lessons are outlined:
1. People don't respond in the same way to drugs.
2. Genetics is behind our response to drugs and these differences.
3. PharmGKB is a resource for this information.
4. Physicians want to use PGx in their practice...CPIC writes evidence-based guidelines to enable this to happen.
- Watch the talk
- For more information on PharmGKB read Whirl-Carrillo et al, 2012
- Learn more about codeine and CYP2D6
- Read the CPIC CYP2D6 genotype-based therapeutic recommendations for codeine