The 2014 update includes the following additions:
- Created comprehensive translation tables mapping SLCO1B1 genotypes to coded genotype/phenotype summaries, electronic health record (EHR) priority result notation and interpretation (consultation) text to facilitate incorporation of SLCO1B1 pharmacogenetics into EHR with clinical decision support.
- Provided a brief review regarding SLCO1B1 genotype and risk of myopathy for other statins.
- Updated SLCO1B1 * allele nomenclature and functional status (Supplemental Table S1 and S2)
- Updated evidence linking SLCO1B1 genotype to phenotype (Supplemental Table S5).
- Updated FDA dosing recommendations (Supplemental Table S7)
- Added figure depicting clinical implementation workflow for EHR (Supplemental table S2)
View the interactive CPIC simvastatin dosing guideline based on SLCO1B1 genotypes, with the available full update and original published guidelines.
Read the article:
The Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium (CPIC) Guideline for SLCO1B1 and simvasatin-induced myopathy: 2014 update. Ramsey LB, Johnson SG, Caudle KE, Haidar CE, Voora D, Wilke RA, Maxwell WD, McLeod HL, Krauss RM, Roden DM, Feng Q, Cooper-DeHoff RM, Gong L, Klein TE, Wadelius M, Niemi M.
Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics accepted article preview online 2014 Jun 11. doi: 10.1038/clpt.2014.125.